A blog . . . in spite of how pathetic blogging actually is.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nothing is for Free in this World

I believe the saying [mentioned as this post's title] is derived from a fiscally and socially conservative ideology, is it not? Consider, please, that the President's most recent action is just that, an act of fiscal and social conservatism.

If you say no to this claim then might I suggest to you that you're changing the meaning of the words to suit your own purposes. Fiscal and social conservatives stopped acting like fiscal and social conservatives a while back, but they insisted upon keeping the brand name . . . which is now less and less possible in the midst of a truly post-partisan effort to govern. What Obama has done is reintroduced the notion of fiscal and social conservatism with a single declaration available to him as chief executive officer of the U.S. Government.

It's just what we were taught growing up, right? You have to work for your money. You have to meet a standard of success in what you do if you wish to survive in the workplace. Just showing up to work shouldn't guarantee you a thing. You have to abide by standards of taxpayer will if you're going to effectively be a taxpayer supported institution.

I'm a public school teacher. I hear it all the time. I also happen to agree with it. I'm just tickled that the upper echelons of America's bailed out corporate executive class are now joining me.

Happy to have you all on board!

Just calling it like I see it~JDJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this line from Obama: "But what gets people upset — and rightfully so — are executives being rewarded for failure. Especially when those rewards are subsidized by U.S. taxpayers."

Personally, I feel that this should apply to *every* member of a business, not just the executives. Why? Because the *all* make up that business, together. The employees should have a job, but if they suck at it and drive a company into the ground, they shouldn't get a helping hand from anyone, it was their fault.

Sometimes the execs make the mistakes. More often than not, it's a combination of the two. Inefficient workers, over-demanding Unions, poor policy decisions...

We should all work for what we get, because nothing is free. The reason I like the above line by Obama is that he is, for once, trying to use taxpayer money wisely.

As a taxpayer, I'm sending almost a third of each and every paycheck to fund ridiculous pork, items that should *not* be paid for with *my* money.

The government, ever since the "Great Depression" has tried to spend it's way out of problems.

It's time that the government decides to let the people fix their own problems and set their own course, determine their destiny, manage their fate.

Maybe Obama will realize that before his four years are up, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm just praying that the GOP can get their act in gear, stand up to their principles, and maybe then our country can return to her former glory.

~DKong