A blog . . . in spite of how pathetic blogging actually is.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Loyalty to the Cause

I'm a Cubs fan. It's crazy . . . maybe even stupid . . . but it's also baseball . . . so who cares?

The GOP is NOT reading this blog, and they should. As I've written earlier, they're stuck in old white man mode (irrespective of their new party chairman).

And now we see with their reaction to the President's stimulus bill, they're stuck in another era in terms of how they choose to argue against it. That train has already left the station. It doesn't matter if they're right or wrong, the public has already moved past their rhetoric.

This doesn't end well for them. That's what I've been saying. And if the GOP loses its viability, then we all suffer.

So how do we talk to them (the GOP illuminati) so they hear us? How do we get through? Anyone know how to do an intervention with an entire major party?

4 comments:

Traipseround said...

I'm a Cubs fan. It's crazy . . . maybe even stupid
I'm sure there's some kind of ointment you can get for that.

John Jacobson said...

Pitchers and catchers report in a couple weeks. That means it's only a matter of time before the 2009 Baseball Pool.

I'm documenting all of this.

Anonymous said...

As far as GOP not reading this blog, I'm not sure if I wholly agree.

I'm a conservative (I'm not going to say I support Republicans because they are lacking a spine to stick to their decisions, but they're getting better), and I read and enjoy this blog.

I look forward to seeing what's going to be posted next :D

DKong

John Jacobson said...

Thanks!

Maybe I should have said, "GOP federal legislators"

:-)